Friday, August 31, 2012

George Carlin Stand Up

He gets me
He says what I want to say
I'm sad that he died
I'm sad that almost everyone I really have ever looked up to is dead
Except my Mom
Who at some point will also have to die
And my world will fall apart


I was thinking about my Grandfathers
I never got to meet the TRW engineer
I never got to ask him about his life
Only had to hear it from his terrible wife
I still don't get why he loved her
But thank goodness he did, or my Father wouldn't be here
I have so much to ask him
I know he would have loved me
I know he would have put me through college
I know I would have been different

I didn't have enough time with my other Grandfather
From 1986-2001 he was everything to me
He was tough as nails and took no shit
He gave no shit and lived how he wanted
He provided for his family even if he wasn't perfect
He picked the most generous woman to marry
And gave me the best thing on this earth
I wish I could have talked to him more
I wish I could have learned more
I wish I could have hugged him more
And hear him say, keep your head up sugar
Everything you get through puts hair on your chest
Man up

I wish I could see them.  I wish I could tell them all the things I never got to say.
So many things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment