Monday, August 27, 2012

BRRRRRATT BRRRRRRRRATTT

Falling asleep to the sound of machine guns - fake ones, (Call of Duty/Medal of Honor/Halo/Counter Strike...just to name a few, over the years) makes me feel safe.  Most would find it distracting but if you know me at all, which you probably don't, I have no trouble going to sleep - especially if my friend Mary Jane is involved.  I slept through the Northridge earthquake, I've fallen asleep on the floor of punk rock shows, hell, I'd probably even sleep through a fire if the occasion arose.  Once I am asleep, it is very hard to wake me.  Sleep has always been possibly, the best friend I've ever had. 

Last night was the first night in awhile that I got to fall asleep to the sound of semi-automatic rifles and it reminded me of all the other times that I have been rocked to sleep imagining bullets flying everywhere but no where close to me.  Hitting fake people connected to real people on the other side - who are not getting injured.  Re-spawning over and over again - if only that's how life really worked. I can only imagine that it makes me feel safe because I know that it's my boyfriend playing video games and that he is watching over me awhile I rest.  The noise reminds me of boys that I've loved and how I never want to not hear the sound of machine guns blasting from time to time, caused by the constant pushing of buttons on a Playstation controller of a boy that I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment