Monday, September 3, 2012

Unexpected

I ended up in a wonderfully comfortable bed with a big, white, fluffy down comforter in a house on Mt. Olympus (literally the name of the neighborhood) in the Hollywood hills.

Last night it got sprung on me that I had an hour to get ready and then we were headed to the Whiskey to see my boyfriends friends bands 1 time reunion show.  I don't like unplanned events but I went along with it - "as long as I don't have to drive".  We ended up high-tailing it to Hollywood - 90 to the 405 to the 10, straight up La Cienega - to pick up our 2 friends and have a few drinks before heading down the hill to Sunset.  By the time we got there, I was 2 whiskey shots deep and my meals of the day had consisted of an Islands Jr. Wave @ 1pm and a Cliff Bar around 7pm.  Fuck it, who needs dinner.  There was a huge blow up bong sitting outside the Whiskey that of course, I was enamored with.  I met my boyfriends friend, Edgar who also trains with my new girl crush Ronda Rousey (I guess he does MMA also).  Regardless, now I know her, 6-degrees-of-separation-style.  Score.

We went inside where our friend Brandon bought us all beers and I looked around the Whiskey only to realize I hadn't been there in over 5 years.  And ironically, the last time I was there - I was with my boyfriend but we were only dating back then.  I don't even remember what band was playing but I found the whole thing a little funny.  The band started playing, they are the band formally known as Methadone, now Irate.  I don't listen to a lot of heavy music anymore, unless I'm in my boyfriends car - but I have to admit, they were pretty good.  A beer later and still with my whiskey shots fully absorbed in my body, I decided I wanted to go into the pit.  I asked Brandon's girlfriend if she would go in with me and we slowly merged our tiny-ass bodies into the pit -only to have Brandon push us all the way in.  Coming out, unscathed and luckily with my hoop earrings still attached to my ears, which was my only concern.  Regardless, I felt like it was 2002 up in that bitch.

The set was short and after taking all the time to drive our asses up there, we decided to go back to our friends house, drink some beers and have a sleepover.  Which is something I'm very rarely up for in general but at the same time, I'd hate to pass up a free night in a rich person's house in the hills - despite it being too late and a little too cold to take advantage of the salt water pool.  We drank, probably to much, and segregated.  The boys did boys things like playing drums and guitar at 1 in the morning while we did girls things like talking about the boys, Balenciaga bags, and how we prefer dogs over people.  Her pajama shorts that I borrowed were so fucking comfortable - I'm convinced they were made of cashmere.  I had half a mind to steal them this morning but I'm not that much of a bitch. By 3am there was a helicopter circling around and apparently an earthquake (that I'm not surprised that I didn't feel) and then the night was over.

Come 9am, we bounced and headed back down the hill to the nearest McDonald's for breakfast.  Thus ending my luxurious night that although was remarkably random, unplanned, thrown together and strange - was probably one of the better nights I've had in awhile.  But those are always the best - the ones that could never have been planned.

Too bad my body hated me this morning.  And still kind of does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment