Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fish Dicks

I had fish sticks for dinner tonight, which is absolutely uncharacteristic of me but I can't say that I'm mad at it.  I just can't ever think about fish sticks anymore without thinking about fish dicks.  Then I think about Gay Fish, which inevitably makes me think of Kanye West - who I never like to waste single moment thinking about.  Unless it's how much I hate him but even then, still a waste of time.

I don't know where I'm going with this.  I just wanted to write.  I find that time is going by so fast that I think I wrote just a day or two before when it ends up being more than week, or even two, three, four.  Who's counting? Obviously, I'm not.

I'm about to start reading this book that I bought online for one penny.  Yes, a penny.  The $2 shipping was actually more than the book itself, which apparently came from a Dallas library prior to 1992.  It's a book about the life of J. Edgar Hoover.  One of the many men in our US history that I dislike the most.  He was also a Gay Fish - who liked to dress in women's clothing but that's neither here nor there.  For as much as I dislike the man, I'm very excited to read about his life and find out how he came to be such a rotten little man. We'll see how it goes.

I wrote those 3 paragraphs last night.  Today, so far, I find to be incredibly annoying.  I'm going to make a list.

1. PMS is severe today and heavily affecting my attitude towards everything. I also have a headache.  Thanks for nothing ovaries.
2. I'm annoyed that there isn't one day that goes by at work where someone doesn't ask me about the Lakers. About the game the other night.  About the new coach.  About the old coach.  About almost getting Phil back.  About Kobe retiring.  About the new players.  About the old players.  I can't fucking stand it.  I know it's small talk and I know sometimes I enjoy the discussion but for the most part; no, I don't want to fucking talk about the Lakers every day.  Especially not about the same shit over and over.
3. With that being said, STILL pissed the Lakers lost to the Spurs on Tuesday.  STILL, pissed.
4.  It's almost gloomy enough outside to rain but it's not raining.  And I find that highly irritating.  Can't a girl get some rain around here?  Doesn't seem like it should be so hard to ask for.  You know, especially in November and all.  Fuck you solar cycle.
5. This one has been building for awhile but I'm really sick of people on Twitter thinking that I care about their opinion.  Twitter is a social network for people to say 140 character statements of their own opinion.  Just because you put it out there, does not mean that you care for a response.  What's worse is when someone's response is constantly a battle against your own.  [Regardless of the other 10 people who favorite it].  If you don't like what I have to say, then don't read my tweets.  Because it gets pretty annoying to always have to read about how my opinion is wrong.  Where I come from, opinions are not right or wrong.  Also where I come from, if you don't like something, fucking too bad.
6. The fact that it's not Friday yet.  I can't think of the last time a week went by this slow since, well, last week. I need it to be the weekend.

Anyway, to turn the tables and possibly my attitude towards this shit-tastic day so far - here are a few things I'm genuinely excited about!!!!!!

1. In exactly 1 month, I will have 3 weeks off of work - PAID.
2. In exactly 33 days, I get to see my doggy and finally feel like a real person again.  I'm also very excited for this next trip to Portland.  Not only because it's going to be Christmas time, not only because I'll be there for a few more days than normal but because my Mom and I are going to drive up to Port Townsend and finally scatter my grandparents ashes into the harbor.  My grandpa spent a lot of time up there during WWII and it was his favorite city in the US. I can't wait to see it.  After Port Townsend we are going to spend the night and next day in Seattle.  I haven't been since I was 19 so I'm pretty excited for that as well.  Space Needle, here I come.
3.  Found out yesterday, my boss is giving us a Thanksgiving bonus which will be on my paycheck that directly deposits into my bank account tonight.
4.  Speaking also of Thanksgiving, next week we have a half day on Wednesday and have Thursday and Friday off - PAID.  Makes your boss look like shit, huh?
5.  I'm probably going to have El Pollo Loco for dinner with the boyfriend.  Couldn't ask for much more than that.  And he mentioned taking me to Gyu-Kaku this weekend. Please please please *crosses fingers

See now, I might be a negative person but I sure do know how to come up with some positive shit sometimes.....

SOMETIMES.

No comments:

Post a Comment